Monday, September 08, 2008

Summer: Part III

I blame my lack of blogging on Jeffrey. He has become too busy with work to photoshop pictures for me, and without good pictures, I am hesistant to blog. But I'll just post one portion of the rest of our summer. On August 12, my sister, Elizabeth had her baby, a little girl. She named her Laila June. The delivery went well, but there were some complications with the baby. Her breathing was wayyy too fast, and her skin was still blue. Not good signs. They took her to the NICU and put her on an IV and oxygen. There weren't sure what was wrong, they were thinking maybe an infection in her lungs. Anyway, Lizzie and Laila both received blessings, and Lizzie was very confident and calm after that. They kept Laila there for a few days, gave her some antibiotics, and whether or not an infection was the problem, she recovered completely and they were able to go home. Laila is SOOO cute, she weighed 8lbs something (nice aunt I am, I forget the details), but she is SOOO teeny and beautiful. She has so much hair, and it's all dark! I know that won't last, Lizzie and Levi are both blondes, but it's pretty cute right now! She's been a great baby so far for Elizabeth! And I just have to put this in because it's all I think about...but Lizzie looks SOOO good!! I saw her this past saturday, and I actually, and I do mean literally, forgot she had a baby, because she was SOO SKINNY!!!!! The butt! I'm happy for her, but I hate her for it! :) Anyway, I'm really happy for my sister and her little family!! And I'm also happy that Jaclyn has another girl cousin so close in age! She's lucky to have two!! It will be so fun to watch them all grow up!!


Since Laila was in the NICU, my sisters and I were able to go visit her at the hospital. That was the only advantage to her delayed stay. See her poor bruised hand from IV attempts? So sad..

10 comments:

.Ang. said...

Congrats to Lizzie!!!!

I've been waiting to see pictures of her since i heard the news!!

Laila is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love the name!... But i can't believe the HAIR!!!! It's SOOO Dark!

Thanks for posting this!!

Can't wait to see more pictures of your summer!!

Laura Leavitt said...

congrats to your sister. She is beautiful. That must have been so scary for that first little bit. I am glad Laila is doing better.

FamiLee said...

She is so cute! Yea a new blog from you! Ya, I am so happy for Lizzie. So nice to have cousins same age:)

Allison said...

Tell Lizzie congratulations!! I didn't even know she was pregnant!! I hope her and the baby are doin well now. Laila is beautiful! Does Lizzie have a blog or anything so I can get in touch with her? Let me know.

Heather Palmer said...

Congrats to Lizzie! I'm so glad they are both healthy and everything is ok! HOpefully I'll get to meet that cute baby sometime soon.

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats auntie! she's adorable!! I'm glad they're both doing good now. So scary when things like that happen.
(ps... I was just about to bug you about not updating hahahha.... so thanks for the post)

TheMarets said...

Awww... What a beautiful little girl. Please tell Lizzie congrats for me. I cant believe the hair on the baby :)

Im glad Mom and baby are doing well... thats really to bad that Lizzie had to go through that experience.

Emily S said...

Yayy you blogged, well you could have named it another title, cause I thought it still said summer part II, I didn't notice it was III until now haha.
Laila looks so sweet, congratulations to lizzie, so very exciting.
I'm excited for your next post hahah

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so cool you write poems too.........now that I think of it I remember you were so good at writing them too. I love the ones we did for Kevin and Donald.

Jeni said...

ohhh she is so cute and I hate that she has hair. I am going to always be bitter to little baby girls with hair. lucky Lizzie!