Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacey

Jacey turned two today!! (Yet we still let him have his "bubba"). I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I know everybody says that, but it's so true! We had a pretty fun day today! We started off by having a waffle/bacon breakfast which we invited Michael, Melinda and Claire to share with us! Jacey loves waffles and bacon! So he was pretty happy! We gave Jacey his present in the morning so he could enjoy it all day! It was a little people train thingy. Toy/something to ride on. He loves trains so we thought he would enjoy that! My parents came over later on in the afternoon and gave him some clothes and some really cool blocks which he LOVED. They have the alphabet and numbers and shapes on all four sides so he's pretty much in heaven building towers and using his brains all at the same time! :) After dinner, I made my very first cake ever! I know, I'm 26 years old and today was the first time I have ever baked a cake. From scratch. By myself. :) I'm almost embarrassed to post a picture of it because it's NOTHING close to the cakes most of you supermoms create for your kids! But I'm proud of it nonetheless. I decorated it with my ghetto homemade ziploc bag icing tool. I didn't want invest in the real icing equipment until I thought I would actually use it! Jacey loved it and it tasted really good, so I was happy! :) I hope to make many more cakes and improve with each one, cause it was actually pretty fun!! Jacey must have been paying attention to past birthdays of cousins, because he knew what to do with the cake! As soon as we sang Happy Birthday he blew out the candles! No prompting needed! He had so much fun that he had to do it three times! :) We love Jacey so much and are soooo grateful to Heavenly Father for sending him to our family!!! We can't imagine life without him!!

10 comments:

.Ang. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACEY!!!! He is soo adorable!! I love the picture of him eating his cake! :)

Speaking of which, I think that cake looks great!!!

My first cake looked nothing like that!! It was made with an easy bake oven and there was icing in the cake and cake in the icing.. It was pretty much a disaster!

Kandice Stewart said...

What a cute little TWO year old! Happy Birthday little twin! Miss you guys! And good job on the cake... looks yummy!

Alysha Sladek said...

happy birthday jacey! nice job on the cake! best class i ever took was the cake decorating at michaels. they teach you a few basic tricks and it's really fun. i think you'd like it.
sounds like a fun day. and the bacon and waffles... mmmmmmm

Ryan + Jess said...

Yahoo for Jacey! I can't believe he is 2 already. Wow.

And Em, you did an AWESOME job on the cake! Good work.

Adam & Brittany Stevenson said...

I cant believe he is already two. He is getting so big and he is adorable. Also I am very impressed with the cake. I have never made a cake from scratch either so your not alone there. I love the pictures, they are too cute!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Jacey! Looks like a yummy cake!

Emily S said...

Oh whatever, the cake looks great...I most certainly will never be able to accomplish icing text! I'm sure it was so yummy!
Jacey is so cute, happy birthday to him :) I still feel bad for being stern in telling him to go to bed, he was too darn cute, I felt bad...I hope he doesn't hate me haha.

FamiLee said...

OOhhhh Em, I can't believe I forgot. I was at least going to call and wish him a happy birthday. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Jacey, we love you! And you did AWESOME on your cake, I am so proud of you! It is really fun isn't it. You must be so glad you have your kitchen now :) Anyway, we will have to come over this week and celebrate some more!

Katie H. said...

I think your cake was great! I was bracing myself as I scrolled down the page, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Only because you thought it wasn't that special. Anyway, I could never write so well with icing, so good job. By the way, I just saw the veggie pictures of Jaclyn. Talk about De javu (is that how you spell it?) I do remember Jacey's first attempt, and their responses are identical. Too funny!

Laura Leavitt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACEY. He is soooo cute. Your cake is sooooo amazing. That is so good. As if that was your first time......you are a superstar.