Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer Fun

I actually brushed his hair after his shower! He's a little man!

We've had a pretty busy week so far! Jacey and I have been on the go. It's fun, but tiring...for both of us! Monday morning, Jacey & I took Taelor, Nena & Troy Sherwood to Riley park. We went with Katie & her kids and met up with a few other moms & kids from 2nd ward. It was SOO hot! I had to sit in the shade to be able to bear it. The kids had lots of fun swimming and wading in the pool. It was fairly busy but not too bad. Jacey loved sitting in the edge of the pool with me and splashed around for quite a while. He liked watching all the kids run by him too! One day that will be him! A little funny story for you. Troy came up to me while I was feeding Jacey and told me he had to go to the bathroom. I didn't want to take him cause it was far away and Jacey was eating, so I told him to go in the pool. (horrible I know). Anyway, he ran off and that was that. A little while later he came back with him swim trunks pulled down and Ethan (his cousin) was right behind him. As we were pulling his pants back up, a lady came up to us that was just as miffed as could be and said, "I hope that I didn't upset them, but they both had their pants down and were peeing in the pool and I told them they couldn't do that!" OOPS!! I didn't realize that Troy would do THAT when I told him to go in the pool!! I guess it makes sense though...that's how you go to the bathroom. Anyway, Ethan got in trouble, but I had to apologize to Troy, cause it was my fault! I guess next time, I'll take him to the potty! I'm learning with other people's kids first I guess! :)

He is so chill!

I recently got a new calling. I'm the Laurel advisor in our ward now. I'm pretty excited for it..a little nervous too. Anyway, the young women had their girls camp this week, so I decided to drive out and visit for an afternoon. We went yesterday and man, I wasn't sure it was so worth it at first. It was at Camp Gardner, which is about 15 minutes from city limits, but I missed the turn and drove to Bragg Creek. With Jacey crying the whole way!! So I was pretty mad and was just going to give up and go home, but on my way home, I found it. Then, when I got there and parked my van, I wandered around pushing the stroller trying to find the stupid campsite forever! And it was so hot and there were mosquitos everywhere. Anyway...I finally found it and it was indeed worth it! The girls loved playing with Jacey and we were able to accompany them on an obstacle course and take pictures of them trying all the different stations out! It was pretty fun! We also sat at the poolside and judged cannon ball competitions! Jacey eventually fell asleep and I was able to drive home and he slept until I got there, which is what I prayed for!! So even though it started out rough, it was very fun and I'm glad I went!

I guess Jacey was enjoying himself, looks like he's in lazy-boy!

Today we went to South Glenmore Park with Mandi & Brooklyn and a bunch of other moms & kids and had lunch. There is a water spray park there with a playground. It's a great little park. The ground is that recycled tire ground. And it all glued together, so it's kind of bouncy. Awesome for kids when they fall! We put Jacey & Brooklyn in the baby swings. They were both too tired to enjoy it, but I got pictures anyway. It wasn't the greatest weather today. It was pretty cloudy, but there were enough sunny breaks that it was nice. Anyway, that has been my week so far. Tonight, Jeffrey, Jacey & I are going to go on a picnic for dinner! It's just too nice to be inside! And I'm excited for this weekend, we're going to go to BC to the condo again. I can't wait..I want to SWIM!! I love summer!!!! Well, I'm going to load some pictures onto the computer and see if I can't post them.

"Mom! Put me to bed!"

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

awwww he is such a little man!!! sounds like you have been busy, but it sounds like fun!! i wish we had some water parks around here. that would be so much fun!
and what a great calling!! young women's would be awesome and you'll do great in there!!

Alysha Sladek said...

oh i just have to say, it's sooo fun to have you blogging again and more often!! i love looking at pictures of jacey and it'd be nice to see some pics of you too, hint hint ;)

Emily S said...

Hahahha that's a hilarious story, sounds like something I would get myself into.

Those pictures of jacey down there with the food are so hilarious, i love it.

Laura Leavitt said...

sounds like tons of fun. I LOVE the summer and spending the days taking the kids to parks and play dates. What a life. The first picture of Jacey is AMAZING. He is sooooo cute. WOW. I was the laurel advisor a few years back. To tell you the truth I was so scared when they called me. I loved it though.You will be so great at it.

FamiLee said...

Sounds like you are having fun Em, I wish I could be there with you. I am so excited for your new calling...you will be so great! Jacey is looking cuter by the day! :)

Melissa said...

It was great to see you at the park Emily!! You're little Jacey is so cute!! What a little man.

Julie G said...

Emily, I am so glad you came out to girls camp. I had no idea it was so terrible for you at the beginning. The YW are so excited to have you, and I must admit Jacey, join us in YW. Thanks for making the effort, we all loved having you there.