Thursday, December 11, 2008

'Tis The Season

This month is just zipping by! We finally got out today and did some Christmas shopping! It wasn't too busy and our kids were well behaved, so we were pretty lucky! I'm so excited about what we got!! Giving gifts is seriously one of my favorite things about Christmas! I love wrapping them and I love seeing the reactions when they're opened!!!! I have no clue what I'm getting Jeffrey..I never do...but I think that I have almost everything else I need for all my other gifts! I wish I could be like my sister, Becky and be done before Christmas even comes, but I'm not that organized. One year maybe. :) Hopefully. Well, I forced some pictures on my kids today and we didn't get even one shot the way I hoped we would. I wanted a nice, smiley, straight on picture of my kids with their santa hats on. Jacey of course with the "naughty" one, and Jaclyn with the "nice" one. They turned out cute enough I guess. Maybe I'll try again another day! The pictures with the Jacey and the Christmas tree were taken very early one morning when Jacey refused to sleep any longer. I made Jeffrey get up with him and I'm glad I did, cause he got such cute pictures of him admiring the tree!! I wish I was a kid again and everything could seem so magical! My sister Lizzie and I used to turn all the lights off except for the Christmas tree and then just spin around the room. For hours! We loved the atmosphere and the magical feeling of Christmas!! I'm so excited for my kids to experience that!!! Jacey's getting there, but he still doesn't really know what's going on! Anyway, tomorrow night is the first Christmas party of the season and I'm sooo excited for it!! I love the weeks before Christmas more than I love Christmas Day! The anticipation of it all is my favorite part!! I hope you're all enjoying it too!

5 comments:

.Ang. said...

I love those pictures! your kids are so cute! I see so much of you in Jaclyn!

I love thinking about Lizzie and you spinning around the Christmas Tree lit room!

I love the ambiance the lights on a Christmas set. but nothing beats the tree on Christmas morning!!!

I LOVE THIS SEASON!

Glenda and Neil said...

Emily, these are such cute pictures. Christmas is so magical. I wish I could go back to when I was little when the magic was so real. Jacey and Jaclyn are so adorable!!!

Allison said...

Cute pictures! I love the Christmas atmosphere too. Lizzy keeps asking me to turn on the "tree lights" so she can admire them. It's fun.

FamiLee said...

The party last night was so fun, and so nice to see you guys and visit instead of church. Love the pictures, of course! I will call you this week :)

Alysha Sladek said...

darling pictures! your kids are sooo cute!