Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Hobby

This past fall for my ward's Super Saturday, one of the things I signed up to make was bows. I've never been that interested in crafts or that good at them! But I LOVED the bow making! It was a lot easier than I expected and so fun!! So although Jaclyn doesn't have enough hair yet, I decided to start making some barrettes. I took advantage of new year's sales at Michael's and bought TONS of ribbons and cute embellishments. Every spare moment I've had this past week, I've pulled them out and gone to work! I've made 16 so far and I have no desire to stop! Here's a picture of some that I've made so far. The silver clips are just there to show what kind of clip I'm covering. FYI. :) I'm so excited for Jaclyn to be able to wear these, but for now I guess I'll be giving them to my neices and as baby shower gifts etc. What's funny is that only one of them is like the ones I made at Super Saturday! I kind of went another direction with them! :)

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those are super cute! I need a hobby to do while being stuck here in Okotoks all day BORED! :)

Melinda Palmer said...

They are so cute! Can't wait for my baby to get hair too!

Ryan + Jess said...

Ok, we need to have a craft day at someone's house and make more! Can't have enough of those - I LOVE the ones you did! I only have
ones with big flowers on them but yours seem more versatile. FUN!!

Alysha Sladek said...

super cute!

Jeni said...

SUPER CUTE!! It sucks not having a girl with hair... I pretend Nat has hair... I can now JUST barely fit a clip in it and I have gone clip crazy!

.Ang. said...

I love those!!

Nice work!

Allison said...

Those are really cute bows! I need to get some for Lizzy. Her hair is so long and gets in her face all the time, maybe some cute bows will keep it in place.

Laura Leavitt said...

I love them and want to learn how to make them. You are so crafty!

Katie H. said...

Emily, can you believe that last comment? Someone thinks your crafty!!! I guess you better start giving yourself some credit. They are adorable! I've got my supplies and I'm ready to start making some too. I'm holding out for our ladies weekend to start, though.
(And now that I see all your great clips, I think I need to go get some more supplies!)

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Super cute Emily!! I have to admit, it's been forever since I've looked at anyones blog so I just caught up on yours tonight! It's INSANE how similar our lives are!!! Even down to the leg warmer! They were on sale a few weeks ago so I thought I'd give them a shot. Ellie's been wearing them (I got 3 styles :) everyother day and I can't get enough of them. I'll post some pictures too. Do you mind if I steal the naked pose? so cute. I've ALSO been making clips but they are felt flowers. I made it for myself but Ellie looks cute in them too. I'll draw out the pattern and post it one of these days. WE HAVE GOT TO GET TOGETHER GIRL!! When can I come see you?

Kandice Stewart said...

Yeah, those are definitely sooo cute!! I want to see how you make them. Perhaps I'll make some for myself haha!!

FamiLee said...

Love them, have to learn how to do it! You will show me right? ;)