Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's My Turn!

I have complained for 10 months now, actually 2 years, about being overweight and feeling badly about myself. And for some reason, all of the reasons why I hate my weight and body have never been enough to do anything about it. UNTIL NOW!! I have totally come to a new point in my life where I actually WANT to work out and lose weight! And feel good about ME! Sunday night I was at my parents house for dinner and I made my sisters let me feel their stomachs. And man, do they have abs of steel or what!! And two of them have had FIVE kids each!!! After feeling depressed about that for a while, I decided I was just going to do it! So that night when I knelt in prayer, I PLEADED with Heavenly Father to help me keep the motivation and the will and the desire to work out every day and to watch what I eat. I know that I can't go on an extreme diet and only eat protein, or cut out the majority of good stuff I like to eat. That's not realistic for me at all! So my food goal is to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner (just good, healthy food). And have a snack either in the morning, or in the afternoon, maybe both depending on what it is. Keeping it around 1500 calories/day. Then after dinner I can't have anything but water until breakfast time. For exercise, I'll do a 30 minute cardio workout of some sort and then on top of that, pushups, situps and arm dips things. I don't know how to say it, but you know, you put your arms behind you on a chair and dip yourself down, then back up again. To work the triceps. Anyway, with those goals and myfitnesspal.com to help me keep track, I'm destined to lose a pound a week! This way, I can always keep them off! I have to have it fit my life style, or it won't happen! Now it's only been two days since I've started, but I feel really good about it!! I know this is it! I AM going to lose weight!! Everyone says the first day and the first week are the hardest, but I haven't felt that way yet! In fact, I'm sad that I've already worked out today, I wish I could just skip to that part of every day and do it again!! I know it's because I included Heavenly Father in my plans! He really has the power to do anything and if our desires are righteous...and I believe mine are!!...He can bless us with all sorts of miracles!! I've been so jealous of my sisters and others who have been so dedicated and reaped the wonderful rewards of weight loss and getting in shape...but now it's my turn!! If there's anyone out there who finds themselves in my position, do it with me!!!! It'll be SO worth it!! I'd post a before picture, but since I still hate my body, I won't! But when I've reached my goal, I will post the before and after picture for you all to see! Wish me luck!!

12 comments:

.Ang. said...

thanks for this!! I was just writing goals out late last night as I was feeling terrible about myself in my current physical state! I came to the same realization! I JUST NEED TO DO IT!!! I am so glad you were brave enough to post it on your blog and really COMMIT! I am so with you Emily!!

:)

Slobodans said...

I gained some weight in my first year of marriage (despite my promises to myself not to *sigh*) and found weight watchers really helpful.

However you do it I know it's possible! Also I found it helpful to get friends on board with me so we all encouraged each other.

Good luck! You'll do great!

And PS: You look great in any photos I've seen you in!

Melinda Palmer said...

Good for you Em! I doing it with ya too!

Alysha Sladek said...

good for you em! i need to get on it too. have you ever had a look at the weight watchers point system? it's great. i found i ate WAY better when i did it.

Jen said...

Hey girl! I am SO proud of you! Really getting healthy comes down to just plain wanting it bad enough. Just remember that results (lasting ones at least) never show right away but THEY DO COME! And as long as you stick with it even during those times you see nothing you will not only lose weight but you will have so much energy you will feel amazing. I already think you look great but I know how it is to see yourself after having babies and wonder what happened to your body. I will totally pray for you and I am so excited for you! I have done a ton of reading and searching as far as good nutrition goes so if you ever have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Heather Palmer said...

Oh I'm so there. As soon as I get back next week I will start. Anyway, I think you look great...but I am 100% supportive and I know you can reach your goals. We can motivate each other and help each other stick to our programs.

Dad said...

Em. Good for you!!! I love you no matter what.

Dad said...

I don't know why it said Dad. I thought I was on my stuff but that comment came from Mom.

KandyJill said...

Good luck Em! If you work out in the evenings ever then come over... I used to work out with Heather during the day... and then i started working -- so now I never work out! So.. if you need a buddie... come on over!:D

Nicole Breanne said...

Good luck! You will be fantastic! I'm so excited to see how it goes. Working out also releases endorphins which make people healthier. And working out is a healthy cycle where most people tend to want to eat healthier when they are exercising. I see nothing but great things in store for you! I'm so happy you are feeling good, you deserve it!

P.S I was reading Kandice's comment and it said that she used to work out with Heather during the day. And I swear I read it over and over at least 3 times and everytime it said "I work out with Heavenly Father during the day." Silly me.

Love you.

Suzanne Lee said...

Emily- I am really excited for you to take off with your goal. I know you can do it, and you sound like you already have the passion and desire you need to get started and keep going. Good luck with everything. If I can recommend something that isn't the easiest thing to do, but it will make things easier in the long run, is if you do a cleanse. If you are wanting to change/ curve eating habits it helps soo much to kick start with a cleanse. They kill off a lof of bacteria/ yeast (candida) in our bodies. This is the bactiera that has us craving crappy foods. Its a thought! And you can loose a lot of weight/ water retention alone from doing them. I feel amazing afterwards too. Just thought I'd suggest :)

Laura Leavitt said...

I think that is awesome. I am going to get back into work out mode and hope it helps. I am soooo tired of having a huge fat stomach. It is awful. You are so inspiring. Hopefully I can lose some weight too.