Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Of course...

... my family is sick! Again. We all have had sinus/coughing issues, but starting sunday night some sort of flu began! We spent the weekend in Edmonton at one of Brett's high school basketball tournaments (which he won btw...GO BULLDOGS!!). We went to West Ed for a while, though I'm not sure what we were thinking on a long weekend!! Jacey liked looking around at everything, but it was a struggle to keep him happy in the stroller. We let him out for a bit, but it's a nightmare to keep him going in the direction we want, so we ended up having to buy a bunch of candy to bribe him back into the stroller! :) Anyway...we had the sniffles under control, but sunday night when we got home and into bed, the vomiting began! Jaclyn was up all night getting sick over and over. That continued throughout monday and monday night. Tuesday morning Jacey and Jeffrey joined her. Luckily, I seem to be fine and have been able to tend to all the laundry and cleaning carpets that comes with missing the bucket and not making it to the bathroom in time! Not to mention all the baths that have been given! I haven't been able to keep up with my work out routine, but I've been worked out in a different way I guess. It's sad to see everyone feeling so bad, but I've got to admit, I love the snuggling! Jeffrey had a midterm Tuesday evening and was a trooper and went despite how he was feeling and left me with both kids. I was a little concerned about dealing with them both, especially if they ended up throwing up at the same time, but it was actually the greatest couple of hours!! They both slept in my arms for almost the whole time and I just watched Little House. :) Today started out rough, but I think the worst is over! Both kids have been more active and actually kept down solid foods! I can't wait to get back into our normal routine again. As normal as normal can be. I'm headed to Cardston this weekend with my sisters and my mom for a girls weekend! I'm looking forward to the break from my house and one child (I am taking Jaclyn with me as I am still her lifeline...she won't take the bottle) but I can't even think about being away from Jeffrey without tearing up, so I won't mention that part of it. Oh wait, I just did. :( Anyway, I think the break will be so good for me! Jeffrey and I don't even go on dates, so I am ALWAYS with my kids. And even though Jaclyn will be with me, having just one kid will be break enough. Plus there will be 6 other women I can hand her off to, hopefully, who can share the "burden" with me. As if Jaclyn's a burden. :) I'm actually hoping to get her sleeping through the night while I'm there. I'm taking advantage of being with my sisters, who don't mind a crying baby in the night. I'd say I'd post pictures of our weekend when I get back, but I probably won't take any. :) Actually I know I won't. But maybe I'll have a few stories to share. We'll see!

This is Jacey's piggy bank from Nana. It's actually what he calls his Mission Bank. If you can't tell, it's a missionary, he's got a tag and he's holding a Book of Mormon. Jacey doesn't know what a mission is yet, but he LOVES to collect money from anywhere he can find it, wallets, coats, drawers etc and put it in his mission bank! I hope he continues to be as enthusiastic about it later on in life, as he is right now!
My sick, snuggly baby. She is irresistable!
I don't know if it's big enough to tell, but this picture shows Jacey's eye colors really well. His eyes are two different colors, one is green with a smidgen of brown and the other is completely brown. I hope he's never bothered by it, because I think it's beautiful!!



UPDATE: I spoke too soon, both my kids threw up again tonight at bedtime. :(

9 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

How crappy. I hate how when one gets sick, everyone does - I really hope you don't get sick!! And I hope you have a spectacular weekend! Sounds like so much fun.

Proud Momma said...

Hang in there, that is always so stressful until they're better. I love the sleeping pictures of Jaclyn though, very sweet.

Alysha Sladek said...

i'm sorry everyone's sick. i really hope they get better quickly and that you don't get sick too. have fun on your girls' getaway. that'll be awesome. jaclyn sure looks sweet in those pictures. and i love the piggy bank.

Melinda Palmer said...

Sadly, Claire joined in all of the fun last night! Stinks! I just hope Michael and I survive it! Have fun this weekend!

Heather Palmer said...

I'm so sorry they are sick again! I feel for ya! They are so nice and quiet and snuggly when they are sick though...knock on wood...but my kids have been so hyper this week after all of the travelling...that I could use some quiet time. lol.

And I agree - Jacey's eyes are so amazing! He's such a cutie. Jeffrey told me about your $16 bag of candy in Edmonton. Wish I could have been there to share it with ya! :)

Laura Leavitt said...

that is soooo sad they were so sick. The flu is the worst thing on the face of the planet. I hate it. When I pictured you cleaning up after your sick family it sounded exactly how it was around here a few months ago. Not fun. I really hope that by now things are better for you guys. I was so happy for you as I kept reading..that you get to go away for girl time. That sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great time. I love me kids more then anything....but I find the breaks are so needed and I am always so ready to get back into the full Mom swing....with more energy then before. You are such a fantastic Mom. Your kids are so beautiful like their Mom.

KandyJill said...

Hope your weekend has been awesome!! Sure missed ya tonight at dinner!!!!

And I LOVE Jacey's eyes... lucky little boy!! And his mission bank is adorable! I love that little boy!

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!!

Gramma Dori said...

Sick kids suck! Hope they're feeling better. They are definitely adorable, sick or not sick!

Elizabeth said...

AWwww... I love those pictures of you guys in the bathtub. So cute!! You guys are a good lookin family.

Jeffrey i can't say thanks you enough. I love my computer!! :)