Thursday, February 26, 2009

Best Picture of the Year

Well, this week was Jeffrey's birthday, so firstly, happy birthday my love! The two of us went out for a night on the town; dinner at Applebees, which was so so, and a movie. Thank you Mark & Emily for babysitting for us, you're the best!! We decided to go and see Pink Panther 2, we loved the first one and so decided mutually that it'd be an appropriate solution since there didn't seem to be anything good out right now. Boy, was that a bad choice! After about 15 minutes of watching that movie, which really only repeated the same jokes as in the first, we walked out. Jeffrey asked the ticket checker person if we could just go hop into Slumdog Millionaire since it was just about to begin and Pink Panther was lame-o. They didn't seem to mind! So, after 2 more hours had passed, Jeffrey and I found a new favorite movie!It's now no wonder to me why it won EIGHT Academy Awards, including best picture, best song AND best score! The 3 songs I've added to my playlist are all from the soundtrack and remind me sooo much of my mission, they really hit home for me. Anyway, we definitely would recommend this movie to all movie lovers! Just thought I'd share!

6 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Wow- sounds like a great movie! If we ever go on a date again ( ha ha ) we will go see that.

Happy belated bday Jeff

Freeda said...

Indeed it is my sweet, the greatest movie! For sure a blu-ray purchase, eh...? ;) I love you.

FamiLee said...

We just watched that last weekend, and we totally agree. It was so good, I loved the love story in it, it was intense and really touching, just so good! I thought about you when I was watching it, thinking you would like it :) Happy Birthday to Jeff....and congrats on the 3 ibs lost!! YEa!! :)

FamiLee said...

p.s. Jonathan commented how your blog background looks like a shirt you used to own....and I said...oh ya, the "magic shirt" remember??? :)

Glenda and Neil said...

Happy Birthday Jeff. We love you!!

Alysha Sladek said...

happy birthday jeff! i've only heard good things about this movie... i think i'm gonna have to see it :)