Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Pics & Swimming

First off, I have been wanting to post these pictures since the weekend, and have only now gotten around to it! Heather was kind enough to take some pictures of our kids, since Jeffrey has been too busy to even open our camera bag! I'm SO glad she is so willing to do that for us, because I love her work! We didn't intend on doing family pics, but we thought we'd jump in for a few anyway. Jacey wasn't really interested in posing well, so we'll definitely have to do some more again later, but they're still cute, so I thought I'd post them anyway. There are more of the kids that will come later, and I'll be sure to post them when they do. Thanks again Heather!!!
I also just wanted to document Jacey's first swimming lesson! My sister, Katie and sister-in-law, Mandi along with their kids Alexa and Brooklyn, and Jacey and I, joined a swimming class together. Since they're so young, we get to be in the water with them! It was so fun! It's at the VRRI, so basically it's like taking a big, warm bath! I was almost too hot! The class is really fun, they learn through songs and games different skills, like floating on back/tummy, blowing bubbles, hopping up and down, splashing, kicking etc. Mostly learning how to be comfortable in the water. I was a little worried about how Jacey would take it, since he hates lying down in the bath, or getting his head wet to rinse all the shampoo out. But he had a blast!! I'm so glad he is really excited about it, I hope it lasts the whole 8 weeks! His favorite part was the 5 minutes they got at the end of the class to go down the slide into the water. He was the first one in line and he went down with zero hesitation!! And he kept going and going! I was so proud of him!! It was a fun mommy moment! :) I'm excited for the following weeks and I hope he keeps progressing and gets more comfortable with his head/face being wet! I'm really excited too, because the week after Jacey's lessons end, Melinda and I are in a class with Claire and Jaclyn!! I wish there were some way I could take pictures!! Oh well! :)

8 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

LOVE all of the pictures. They are so cute!! I'm glad Jacey liked his lessons, and I'm super excited to take the girls!!

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

Those turned out so cute. I wish I lived close so Heather could take some pic. of my family, which I have yet to do since Brynlee has been born!

FamiLee said...

Those pictures Em are soooooo adorable! You look absolutly beautiful in them, and the moments captured are just superb! Heather is amazing! Love them!!!! And so fun taking swimming lessons. I loved it when I did it with the girls. I can't wait to try again. So fun :)

Becky CTR said...

Emily, you ALL look SOOOOO good. I love these pictures!

Alysha Sladek said...

those pictures are so cute! how fun to take a swimming class with the kids. i LOVE the vrri

Laura Leavitt said...

I LOVE the pictures..they are perfect.

Heather Palmer said...

Maybe I should bring my kids to a lesson so they can see what fun it is (and I can take pix)! I want them to take them but they don't really seem interested.
I'm so glad Jacey is enjoying it. We should take them to that new rec center!

Sara said...

I LOOOOVE all the pictures Emily. They are so cute. I laughed so hard at the one where Jaceys face is getting smashed into the couch hahah. SO CUTE.