Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Camera

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks but I got to open my present early this year! I've been complaining to Jeffrey about not having any pictures of my kids. For two reasons, one-he is so busy he doesn't get time to take any and two-I have no clue how to use his camera, even on auto I seem to mess it up! So I've been begging for my own little, point and shoot digital camera!! And he got me one!! I'm so excited! It's really really nice too! Here's what it looks like.It's so wonderful! It's 10mp and has complete underwater capabilities up to 10 feet and is shock proof and crush proof! Which is awesome because I've already dropped it and so have my kids! It's a total versatile little thing and can handle a lot of wear and tear. It was quite funny actually, I didn't realize it was waterproof when Jeffrey gave it to me and after he had looked at it and was handing back to me, he "accidentally" dropped it into a glass of water and I FREAKED out!! He of course had a great laugh but then explained it to me! It doesn't look waterproof, you would expect it to be covered in plastic or rubber or something. Anyway, I took it to swimming lessons today and got a few pictures! And since it's so easy to use, I've taken tons of my kids over the past few days! It makes me happy! And although the picture quality is nothing compared to Jeffrey's camera, at least I'm capturing memories. Plus, Jeffrey can always photoshop them anyway, so they still have potential! :) Here are just a few random ones I've taken. My kids are getting so big to me, Jaclyn is starting to walk on her own now without being coaxed and it just hit me that she is actually big enough to be turning one (this saturday)!! They are so much fun and LOVE to play together. They can make each other laugh like nobody else can! It makes my heart happy to watch them!! :)

Annnddd then here's the nice picture!! :) Jeffrey did this one. He looks so angelic, I love it! I wish he was always this angelic. He has been an absolute nightmare lately during the night. Won't go to sleep, wakes up every few hours..ahh!! And I wish I could just let him cry it out, that's how we used to solve this problem, but now he gets out of bed and comes out!! Drives me nuts and I don't know what to do about it! Any helpful sleeping tips would be VERY appreciated! :)

7 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Yeah for the new camera!! Love all the pictures.

Are you doing swimming lessons?? FUN!

As far as sleeping tips...that is so hard because every baby is different. For us, when Mady would wake up and be crying we would just leave her. After awhile she just realized we weren't coming and would go back to sleep. After a few nights she just stopped waking up (or stopped crying) and has been super ever since! It is really hard to let them cry it out but once they sleep through the night it is totally worth it.

Elizabeth said...

Very happy for your new Camara!! I love your kids! they are so cute! So nice that they get along so well. Jacey looks likes he loves swimming lessons. I can't wait for Laila to be older and to go swimmming.

Allison said...

Yay for early birthday presents! Presents are fun!
Your kids are getting so big, and as always so cute. I like the bow in Jaclyn's hair.

Melinda Palmer said...

Nice pics Em! They are all so cute, and I'm so excited Jaclyn's walking now! Can't wait for our girls to start swimming!

Alysha Sladek said...

sweet early birthday present. cute pics. i would've had a heart attack if jimmy had dropped the camera in water! ahhhhhh

FamiLee said...

Yea for your new camera! That is so great, and the pictures are so cute. I love taking pictures of the girls even though their no high quality...it just keeps the memory. I wish I knew what to do about Jacey...I know baby stuff but when they get older, I agree with Jess to let them cry it out, but if Jacey is just getting up...that is hard. I will look in my book for you though :)

Kearl Klan said...

Your kids have grown up so much! I can't believe how fast it happens! It's always nice to have a point and shoot camera, they are so much easier to use!