Saturday, April 04, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Jaclyn!!

There are so many more pictures I want to post and will, but I had to get some of these on here right away!! We celebrated Jaclyn's first birthday a day early with the Palmers and a delicious DQ ice cream cake! Jaclyn enjoyed it and had fun opening her gifts and watching her brother and cousins play with them! She's such a good sharer....but does she really have a choice? :) I can't believe Jaclyn is ONE!!! It hit me when she officially started walking 2 days ago. All in one day, she decided she was going to be done with crawling and walked everywhere!! It is so cute to watch and I can't believe how steady she is! She only has 3 words down...dada, hacey (jacey) and mumumumum (and that's only when she's crying and needs me). She makes the cutest sounds and has the biggest grin! She's a complete flirt with her big eyes and long lashes! We are so in love with her and feel soo blessed to have her in our family! She's such a snuggler and loves to be in our arms. At the same time, she loves exploring and is happiest when she is wherever Jacey is. She plays shy with most people, but has a definite love for a few other people besides her mom, dad and brother. She knows who she trusts! She is the best eater a mother could have, eating anything and everything I give her! She out eats Jacey at every meal! She naps and goes to bed perfectly! She is still waking up every night at least once or twice, but goes back to sleep in seconds when I nurse her. Which I need to stop, but for now I'm too in love with sleep! She still nurses 3 times a day, showing no interest in bottles or sippy cups. I always told myself I'd never have a child over 1 who nursed and here I am with one!! That's gotta end soon! Anyway, those are some of the things about Jaclyn that I wanted to document for her first birthday! We're contemplating having further tests done to see the nature of her possible cyst in her lung. It may or may not still be there, and since she has shown no symptoms of one, we don't know if we should put her through a CT scan and accompanying radiation exposure, just to make sure. The peace of mind would be nice, but is it worth it?? Anyway, Happy Birthday Jaclyn, we love you!!

11 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

So glad we could be there! Sure love that little girl. She's an angel!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute pictures. happy birthday jaclyn!

Ryan + Jess said...

You can NOT be serious that it has already been a year. She is such a little doll...and has such a beautiful smile.

And she's WALKING? We have to get together. Soon. Tomorrow. I can't believe this!

Elizabeth said...

We love Jaclyn.... I can't believe she is also 1 and I want to see her walk around. Post more pictures of her birthday if you can! Love your pictures!

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam & Brittany Stevenson said...

I cant believe how fast time goes by. She is so cute, I love her! I cant wait to see more pictures. I hate that we live so far apart. I would love to get together with you guys sometime. You are such a mom to nurse her in the middle of the night.

FamiLee said...

I am glad you guys got to have a little party for her. That is so exciting she is walking! Yea! I can't wait to see her. Happy Birthday pretty girl!

Kandice Stewart said...

She's such a gem. I loved that while we sang to her she KNEW the day was about her. She has the cutest little grin. I just love her. Can't believe she's already 1! Crazy! :D

Becky CTR said...

What a cutie pie!

Laura Leavitt said...

She is soooo cute. She is a little you for sure. I can't believe she is one. Where does the time go? That is tough about the CT scan....not sure what I would do. I guess that is no help. I am so glad she seems to be doing well though. What a special girl she is.

Heather Palmer said...

I love being around for all of this stuff. It's so fun to be able to be a part of it! (except when I'm dealing with a dental emergency. ;) I can't believe she is one already! She is such a doll...they grow up too quickly.
Let me know when you want to do thos pix... :)