Monday, November 08, 2010

My Tender Little Boy :)


Friday night Jacey and I were snuggled on the couch watching something on Playhouse Disney, when he turned to face me with his eyes filled with tears and his lips quivering. He looked at me and said "Mom, when I was in heaven and you were at work....I reaallly miisssed yoouuuu!!!!" and he burst into tears!! I couldn't help getting choked up myself with his sudden display of emotion!! He didn't elaborate anymore than that, and after a few minutes of sniffling and snuggling, he was back into his show again. Jacey has randomly said things of this nature to me before and I try to think back to any sort of conversation we may have had about me working before he was born, but I can't think of any. So I'm convinced he was really remembering something from when he was heaven while I was working. When I was on my mission, my mission president told me that if at times I felt discouraged, to think of my kids up in heaven cheering me on! And after hearing things like this, I'm sure at times that they were. I know that I often think loved ones up there are too busy with other things to make the time to look down on us, but I'm also sure it happens! I always like to think that my grandmas are looking out for me from time to time too! :) Anyway, I'm grateful for this experience with Jacey to remind me of the bigger picture. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation and that we existed before this earth, that we have a purpose here now and that we will exist again after!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you for sharing. You made me cry and it was the good kind of cry. I know I sometimes get too busy and forget how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives.
Thanks again!

Jeff Palmer said...

I love that little boy. He's so tender and caring.

.Ang. said...

That is so sweet!! what a special little boy! I love the story of your mission president as well!

Love tender mercies like this!

Love YOu emily!

Alysha Sladek said...

So sweet. what a tenderheart!

Elizabeth said...

THat is so sweet!! It's a good thing you wrote it down...now you can always remember that moment!!!

KandyJill said...

Oooh my gosh! That is the cutest sweetest thing ever! You need to make sure you document moments like that more often - don't want to ever forget those little tender mercies!

Ryan + Jess said...

What a little cutie. I'm glad you wrote that down!

AND CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so happy for you. Are you waiting until baby is born to see what it is? I hope so - it is so fun :)

Dad said...

Emily, that is so precious!!! I think you are right. What choice moments to share. Keep recording them for him to read later in his life. What a darling little boy. I'm choked up reading it. The Spirit does bear witness! Love you all.

Julie said...

Wow, what a wonderful moment to share with him! that's so awesome :)

Matt and Sophie Dawson said...

Loved it! What a tender sweet boy, hopefully he'll stay that way. This made me think of the time when I was about 5 years old that I somehow was left watching a lifetime movie by myself and was convinced that I had AIDS and was going to die because in the movie the lady had AIDS because she had "S" and a few days before one of my neighborhood friends asked me to kiss her under her bed and that was having "S".

Okay so it's not quite the same but definitely funny the way we reason and think when we're little. And oh yeah, BEWARE of lifetime movies!

Sara said...

He is so cute. What a special moment. Can't wait to here what #3 is!