Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Peter Danial


I thought I would do a blog post about Peter.  I still need to do one on Thomas, since I haven't done one since he was a few days old., but I have a bunch of pics of Peter ready to go, so I'll do him first!  He was born May 4.  Our little Star Wars baby.  Peter is a name we love and hesitated to use for the first 2 boys because we were worried Peter Palmer sounded too nursery rhymish and Marvel characterish.  We decided to get over it this time around and are so happy we did, because Peter is the perfect name for him!  Danial is his middle name and it is from one of Jeffrey's best friend's growing up.  It's spelled differently than the traditional Daniel, so there is no question as to who we got it from. :) Peter has been such a sweet baby from day one!!  We had nursing issues, and I discovered a link between nursing and my post pardum depression, so on day 3 of nursing, we quit! No looking back and no regrets (only a couple of times of longingly watching the sweetness of Heather and Melinda nursing their babies). He was such a good baby, he was my only baby who loved to be swaddled, nice and tight! He slept well and was happy and content when awake.  He was, of course, loved by his older 3 siblings and this time around, my older 2 were actually really helpful with a newborn, so I was able to leave him in their arms or watchful eye to get things done.  Peter has also been my only baby who has sucked his thumb!  It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!  He has a fox blanky/stuffy which he holds in his hand and up to his mouth, while he sucks his thumb.  He only sucks his thumb while holding his fox, and I usually only give him his fox while he is in his bed, so he associates it with sleeping. I don't know what we'll do one day when we want that to stop, because I can't fathom taking his precious little Foxy away!  But I won't worry about it today. :)  Up until a few months ago, Peter was a little angel, never into trouble, happy as can be.  Content to play and pitter patter around.  But alas, he is taking after Thomas.  He's still as happy as can be, but he is into everything!!  Takes books off of shelves, dumps out everything, eats dog food (and sometimes poop), and climbs as high as he can!  I am pretty sure that is typical little boy behavior though, not just something Tommy did and now Peter is doing.  Because I had Jacey first, he was my "norm", and Jacey never did stuff like this.  He would rather look at books, and do puzzles, and find every letter and number in the house and tell me what they were.  He was more of an intellect, rather than physical.  So though I shouldn't be, I'm still surprised by how active and exhausting little boys can be!  Peter has been melting us lately with the new words he's been learning.  He says Daddy, Mummm, Hello, Hi, thank you, there you go, yes, oh, wow and what. We are all so in love with him!!  I love that older siblings can be fighting and Peter can break the tension by his sweetness and goofiness!  He loves to dance and shake his cute little tushy! He smiles so easily and has a contagious laugh!  Jeffrey can get him to laugh the hardest by tickling him.  Speaking of Jeffrey, he is such a Daddy's boy!!  Which is so nice for Jeffrey, because Thomas is completely a Momma's boy!  I'm jealous of him, but I guess it's only fair!  Peter has a mouth full of teeth, only needs his two bottom eye teeth and he'll have 16 in total. He's been walking since just before his 1st birthday and is now mastering the stairs.  He is progressing from crawling up and sliding on his belly down, to actually walking up and stepping down.  Crazy how fast he's grown!!  My only complaint about Peter, is that he doesn't snuggle enough!!  He will give you a hug after he wakes up, and he'll stay in your arms while drinking his bubba, but other than that, he doesn't want to be held or cuddled.  It's a little heart breaking, but we're hoping we can just snuggle him into liking it.  He wouldn't be a true Palmer without a love of snuggling! ;)  Oh yeah, the other adorable thing he does is give kisses!!  He puckers his lips and makes a "mmmm" sound and leans forward just a little bit.  He goes 10, wants you to go 90.  :)  But it's always worth it, such delicious kisses!  He also blows kisses.  We just love him!!!  This is just a brief glimpse into his life.  He has been such a dream baby and we are so grateful Heavenly Father blessed us with him!!



 My first attempt at giving him a "real" haircut and not just a buzz.

 First day saying "Hello" and "yes" (he surprised us with the yes!)
 At the park!

 First day saying "thank you"!
 Everyone love him!
 Watching his older siblings on a ride at Calaway Park.
 A rare nap out of his crib.
 
Always smiling!

Being the sweet and lovable boy he is!!
 Bubba and fox in hand!  And his sidekick, Frodo. This is a common sight.
 Enjoying a beautiful fall day in the backyard.
New-to-him jammies.  Buzz Lightyear for Halloween maybe?

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Hey Emily! I'm looking for you, you disappeared from Instagram and Facebook! Everything ok?
It's sort of silly, but I'm looking to get board books made for my kids and remember you had made one for Jaclyn? Can you email me at julianamoly@gmail.com?