Monday, June 09, 2008

Before I get into this post, I just wanted to acknowledge that I know I change my header very often! Jeffrey makes them up for me, but then he gets sick of them pretty quickly and HAS to create a new one. So, I have to keep up with his mood!

A little warning too, this is kind of a random post! I basically just have a bunch of pictures and things that have been building up over the past week, that I've been saving until I had enough to post. So nothing really coincides with anything.

I've been dying for the rain to stop so that we can go outside and play, but it keeps coming down. Not tons or really heavy rain or anything. Just enough to keep it wet all the time. This past week was my first week "alone" at home. It's been really good. I like having more time to myself and I actually feel more energized and motivated to play, clean and do stuff around the house. I miss Jeffrey a ton, and I especially miss him when I'm in the middle of nursing Jaclyn and Jacey decides to have a meltdown, but it's good to have our space and for him to be back at work. He loves being back and today got a new office and was having fun reorganizing and marking his territory. :)

This past weekend, the Miamaids from our ward had a big sleepover upstairs with Crystal. She's their advisor and they kindly invited me up to play and we had so much fun!! Played lots of Guitar Hero and Hannah Montana on the Wii. :) We ate lots of junk and played Mafia until the wee hours of the morning. Crystal and I went to bed at 3am, the girls stayed up till 5:30 talking. Oh to be young again! :) I was actually sad to go downstairs to bed with Jeffrey and leave all the fun! But not too sad. Who wouldn't rather snuggle with a handsome man? :) It worked out perfectly that I was invited to the sleepover, because Jeffrey went to the Stehmeiers to play Lord of the Ring Risk with Mark, Josh and my brother, Jonathan. I would have hated that if I didn't have something planned of my own. Risk is the longest game in the world and I would have been bored out of my mind to be home alone. So like I said, it worked out perfectly.

Jacey has become quite the chatterbox lately. Besides his limited vocabulary that people can actually understand, all of it is complete jibberish. But he definitely knows what it means! The cutest thing is when he calls Jeffrey at work. He has full out conversations with him. He starts off with "Hi", and then falls into jibberish for about 5 minutes, throwing in "ball" and "uh-oh" here or there, pausing to listen to Jeffrey every once in a while. He usually cries when we have to hang up. He's gotten really used to having Jeffrey home over the past 2 months and he is always looking for him at our house during the day, calling out "Dada?". He even carried one of Jeffrey's shirts around one afternoon and would NOT let me take it from him. It's cute, but so sad. So the phone calls are heaven for him!!
Well, that's all the exciting news I can think of. I hope you enjoyed all the very random pictures! Oh, and by the way, all the pictures with the very long dandelions are actually in our backyard. :( We have the most white trash backyard we've ever seen. But we got a lawnmower and that is this week's project!


10 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

great pictures! jacey's growing up so fast! oh the sleepovers! i forget what those are like ;) to have the energy to stay up all night and still get up and do everything you need to the next day... i can barely remember what that was like. sure were fun times though!!!

Melissa said...

I am impressed that you and Crystal made it to 3:00. I know I would be dozing off by midnight for sure. I think I could beat you on the white trash yard. We don't even have grass yet. It has been 2.5 years and still nothing. Just a whole yard of weeds.

Heather Palmer said...

Man Jacey is so stinkin' cute!!! I love all the new photos. They are awesome!! Especially the ones of Jacey outside! So cute! Thanks for sharing! I might have to go out and make cupcakes now...yum!

Allison said...

I remember the "sleepovers" in Varsity house! We would stay up forever. I kind of got a dose of it when Michelle was here last weekend. We stayed up late and watched a girlie movie and Adam went to bed. It was so much fun!

Emily S said...

Great pictures! Do you take some too, or is it mainly jeffrey that does them?
I love the macro of the flower petal, very pretty.
I agree with you on the risk thing, I went and spent some time with my family that night, I could NOT sit around and watch that. haha

FamiLee said...

Love the pics! It sure was fun!

Ryan + Jess said...

I'm SO glad that things are going well being home without Jeffrey. I was worried about you - that seems like it could be such a hard transition. I remember when Ry went back to work after I had Mady. It was traumatic to say the least!!

Those cupcakes look delicious. Did you make them?

Kandice Stewart said...

How exciting that Jacey is talking more!! I wish I could playw ith him this week! Sad that he walks around looking for Jeffrey, but it's good that he's back at work! Love you guysss!

Nicole Breanne said...

mmmm cupcakes!

That pic of Hill and Brett is so cute!

Gramma Dori said...

Loved the pics Emily, and I love your layout. Tell Jeffery to send me one, I'd love it. I've got so much to learn about blogging, you guys are amazing. Congrats on blessing little Jaqueline, wish we could be there but look forward to meeting her! Love ya