Monday, June 30, 2008

FINALLY!!

I have been waiting and waiting for Jeffrey to get his butt into gear and get a bunch of pictures together for me so I could blog! And finally he has. He has been super busy with other projects and hasn't had time to do the regular photography for me. Because of that, I have a million different things that I want to post, and of course now that I have the opportunity, I don't know what to say. Boo.

The most exciting thing for me this past month has been the rate at which Jacey is learning! He is so smart, I swear! :) (spoken like a true mom!) He knows so many letters, colors and shapes. He notices them everywhere and is always wanting me to tell him which is which. Then he runs around pointing at them and saying all the ones he knows. The best is when we sing the ABCs together. He sings along with me and tries to imitate all the sounds I'm making. He's pretty good at it. I never realized how proud of him I could be! What's funny to me is that he still hasn't learned numbers. He knows what they are and can tell numbers from letters....but he calls every number 2. :) Does he know that's my lucky number or something? I'm sure those will come along soon. He's also been saying so many more words and imitates words I tell him to try. Seriously, I'm so proud of him. I know that every child goes through this, and it's nothing new and exciting really, but it's my first time and I can't stop smiling about it!!!

Ooh, something random that happened today to Jacey, is that his thumb got dislocated. At least, I think that's what happened. I don't know how he did it, but Crystal noticed that his thumb looked funny. So when I checked it out, it was kind of red, and it was chubbier and shorter than the other one. As I was asking him if it hurt and was trying to move it around, I pushed down on the knuckle and pulled up on the top of the thumb and felt a POP as it went back into place. He didn't care one way or the other. He didn't say it hurt when I asked him and it seemed to be fine from then on. However, it has happened THREE more times today. I'm able to pop it back into place each time, but this last time was a little harder to do and he didn't like it at all!! I'm a little more concerned now!! Why is it doing that? Is something wrong??? Is he double jointed or something? Or is it not getting properly "put back" together? Should I not be "fixing" it each time?? Does any one know if there should be reason for concern?? Cause I'm concerned!! I hate going to the doctor for reasons that are not valid, so help me out if you can!!

We went to Invermere, BC last weekend with the Palmers and hung out at their condo and pool. It was fun to go swimming. It was a really hot day and the water felt so good. It was not fun to be in a swimming suit at all, I ended up swimming with my cover up dress on. :) I know it probably looked retarded, but I was doing everybody a favor. :) Jacey loved the water and he spent several hours in the pool and sun. He had a really long nap that afternoon because of it. :) Gotta love that!! Our baby girls (meaning Jaclyn and M & M's Claire) were so good. They just chilled on the patio in little swings/bouncy chairs. They had matching bathing suits on...they were SOO adorable!!! It was so nice to enjoy the outdoors and sun, with the chance to cool off when it got unbearable! I wish we could have a pool at home...that would be heaven!

This weekend we hung out with Melinda, Michael, Jess and Ryan and played Rock Band. It's so fun!! The drums are impossible for me! I can do the EASY level okay, but MEDIUM is pushing it. Kudos (did I really just use that word??) to Melinda who must have been a drummer in another life, because she truly ROCKS at it!! The reason I'm mentioning Rock Band is because of the picture I'm going to post. This is what our babies were doing for part of the evening while we were playing....lying on the table. Nice hey? :) They are getting so big and will now actually look at each other. I've mentioned it before, but I am just so excited that we have girls so close in age! I can't wait for them to grow up and love each other!!! :)

After Jacey's bath on saturday, his hair was sticking up a little bit, so we gave him what we called "a Nixon hairdo". We couldn't believe how different it made him look!! So big and grownup. At least we thought so. As cute as he is with long hair, we got it cut again today. It gets so long in the back and around the ears. Then it starts looking just gross. It's not as curly as Nixon's, therefore it doesn't have the same cute effect. We went to Beaners again today, and Jacey was so good for the hairdresser. We've been lucky so far! This picture is of him right after his new haircut!

Today we were lucky enough to get outside before the big thunderstorm hit! Talk about a drastic change in weather! It was so unbearably hot for most of the day, then all of a sudden it was raining with thunder for hours! I usually like hot weather, but ever since I was pregnant with Jacey, I can only take a little at a time. Jacey on the other hand, could stay out for hours. Our backyard is small, but he has the time of his life running around out there!

Every time Jacey hears Jaclyn cry, he either lovingly shushes her or runs to sooth her. He doesn't like to see her sad. Any chance he has to hug her or kiss her, he'll take! I wish he would always feel this way about her, but I know how siblings work, so I can just cherish this while it lasts!

Speaking of Jaclyn, she is growing so much every day! I just broke out her 3 month sleepers yesterday! Hooray! I love moving up a step! She smiles SOO easily and is starting to laugh! Jeffrey got a really big one out of her the other day, and thought he got it on video, but unfortunately he didn't. I was putting Jacey to bed and missed it, but I know I'll get a big one from her soon! Here are just a few pictures of our little beauty!

13 comments:

Proud Momma said...

your kids are beautiful Emily...Jacey is like a mini Jeff!

Ryan + Jess said...

Yahoo for the new post and pictures! I've been waiting to hear about your trip to BC. That picture of the baby girls in their swimsuits is so cute.

TheMarets said...

Emily, your children are so beautiful.

Emily S said...

She is SO beautiful you guys, seriously. I just wanna squeeze her when I look at that picture of her smiling.
That's really weird about jacey's thumb! I have never heard of that before.

Alysha Sladek said...

i have to agree with everyone... your kids are gorgeous! jaclyn looks like such a little doll!! weird about jacey's thumb. hopefully it's nothing. i wish we had a cabin to go to! how fun!!! wish jeff good luck with the wedding. i'm looking forward to seeing pictures from that!

KandyJill said...

Those picture are ADORABLE! I've been dying to see updates of the kids... and finally here they are! Jacey sounds like he is growing up so much -- such a boy! And Jaclyn is such a little gem. She is so beautiful and I can't wait to hold her and hear her little laugh this weekend. Oh yeah... did I tell you? Me and all the roommates are coming up this weekend! Love you -- thanks for the update! And I've posted how to make those scripture stickers on my blog if you want to check back!

Allison said...

Your kids are adorable! Those are really nice pictures!

Laura Leavitt said...

I love your pictures...like normal. Your kids are sooooo beautiful. I love the picture of Jaclyn by herself with the pink shirt...she looks just like you in it....beautiful.

Heather Palmer said...

That hairdo would make Nixon proud!! :) You guys are here with us right now..but I wanted to comment anyway! I love seeing new pix of your kids - they are so cute!!! I especially love the one of Jaclyn with the scarf on her head. SO CUTE!
Maybe someday when we all have a huge shared property we can build a lap pool to share.... :)

Nicole Breanne said...

You have beautiful children! I hope Kandice and I can come up the condo again! I love being up there with you guys so much! And now with 2 more babies... so exciting!! ... the way I've been eating, I might have to wear my swimsuit coverup too!!

Hope you are well and hope you had a good trip!!

FamiLee said...

So cute. I can't believe Jacey's thumb popped 2 more times...that is so scary. I wish I knew if it was bad or not. I hope not. I am so glad you guys had fun in BC. So nice to be with fam and by a pool. Yipee!!

Michelle and Daniel said...

Emily! I love those pictures of your kids - they're darling!! I wish I was a mom and knew what's going on with Jacey's thumb... I guess if it keeps doing that, I'd go to the doctor - better to be safe than not! :) It sounds like your kids are doing awesome! I really enjoyed looking at the new photos!

Melinda Palmer said...

Such cute pictures! I love them all. Jaclyn's eyes are so beautiful.