Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer: Part 1

We've had a pretty eventful July so far. We started it off by driving down to Portland, Oregon to visit Jeffrey's sister, Heather and her family. We did the trip down all in one day and it nearly killed Jacey! Because of that, we stayed a few extra days at Heather's, so that we weren't shoving him back in the car in just 4 days. He wasn't really himself down there, which was sad, but we managed to have some fun anyway. Madison and Nixon are awesome playmates and kept him entertained! We had lots of fun at the spray park. I'm sure you've all seen pictures on Heather's blog. We have a bunch of pictures from our trip, but we forgot the discs we burned them onto. So when we get them back, I'll post a few. Besides seeing where the Wards have lived for the past 3 years and visiting with them, we went there so that Jeffrey could shoot a wedding with Heather. He forgot most of those pictures down there too, but here is one that he took that I think is absolutely beautiful of one of the bridesmaids.

And I couldn't resist posting this picture. I told Heather to get some pictures at the wedding of Jeffrey at work, and she sent me this. Look at him go! :)

Here is a picture of a waterfall that is really close to where the Wards live. It was so nice and cool there. So breezy! Felt good. :) Plus it was really beautiful! We would have hung out there longer, but it was really busy that day.

Isn't this picture of the sky stunning? It doesn't really fit in any story I want to share, but I just thought it was too beautiful to pass up!!

After we returned from Oregon, which we split into two days for Jacey's sake (it made all the difference in the world), we had a Palmer Family Reunion! All of the Palmer siblings were able to make it, and lots of the kids and grandkids. Unfortunately not all of them. It was a lot of fun! We had picnics, played games, had bbqs, went canoeing, hiking. There were two evenings in particular that I enjoyed. The first was when we all sat around Blaine and Linda's asking Grandma Palmer questions about her childhood, her journey to Canada from Ireland and other aspects of her life. It was really great to get to know more about her and her story! The second was when we all went to the grave of Grandpa Palmer and stories and memories were shared about him. I'm glad I was able to know him and have a few of my own memories (sitting on his knee as Santa). I learned from that weekend what a great family I was able to marry into! Such great people with huge hearts and strong testimonies! Here are a plethera of pictures of the reunion. Mostly of Jacey...we can't help ourselves! :)

These pics were all taken at Two Jack Lake near Banff. It was absolutely beautiful there!!!


This is at the Pratts. Tyler and Jen were in town with Kaysia, who just turned 1. I don't know why we didn't take a picture of her. She's so cute! She's walking and moving all over the place. She was actually an early walker and is really strong! Jacey still falls down all the time. We call him our little drunk! Anyway, he LOVED the Pratts' trampoline! I've never seen one like this up close before. You know, the springless ones with the netting all the way around them, so no one gets hurt! We left him in there forever and he was so happy just running around with a bunch of bouncy balls! I want one!!!! Here's a moment he took to give me some love! He's the best kisser, he puckers his lips out so far, it's hilarious!

Looking forward to Part 2 of this summer, which will include my brother's wedding!! Until then...

10 comments:

FamiLee said...

Those are such great pictures! I LOVE the one of the lake and the mountain, it is absoulutly breathtaking. I would pay for that picture! I am so glad you guys have had an eventful summer...always makes life more interesting!

Heather Palmer said...

I love it when you post. Don't wait so long in between! Great photos! I am sad I wasn't able to be there with you guys, and everyone else. I'm excited to see you next week though!!

Jeffrey is an amazingly talented photographer...but I gotta tell you - when I see his Landscapes especially, I am in awe!! I wonder what he is doing not getting out every single day taking photos of his surroundings. His Landscapes are always unreal!!!

Laura Leavitt said...

It sounds like you are having a great summer. My brother Jason was excited you had the Palmer reunion because he got to hang out with Justin. I love the pictures of Jacey. He looks like he loves being outside. The trampoline picture is so cute. It is hard taking them on long car rides. Darrens family likes to drive to Salt Lake in one day and we all went down one year when Chantel was one and we did it in one shot....never will that happen again. Ok...is your brother Michael getting married?.....little Michael who I picture as being 12.

Alysha Sladek said...

great pictures. looks like the reunion was a lot of fun!! can't wait to see more!

Ryan + Jess said...

It WAS a fun reunion! Glad you guys made it back for it. And glad that your trip to Portland was fun - brave of you to drive it with two little ones!

Kandice Stewart said...

You're right. That photo of the bridesmaid really is stunning. She'll love that one! I was SO tempted to drive out to Oregon the weekend you guys were there. I would have had 4 of my 5 favorite little kids in the world all in one place -- but I promised the roomies a trip to Canada. Anyway, glad you guys had fun. I'm sure the kids loved playing together. And can I just say how insanely jealous I am of you guys attending the family reunion. I was CRUSHED that I wasn't able to be there... I've been begging for a family reunion for what feels like the last 10 years (and that could very well be accurate) and the ONE year they finally do it, I'm not there. I missed it by a WEEK. How crappy, eh? Anyway, love the pictures. They are all so beautiful. And the last photo of you and Jacey is absolutely adorable. LOVE that you finally posted again too. It's a miracle. You and Melinda BOTH posted. Good girls... keep it up! :D

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

those pictures from Two Jake Lake are so awesome. We had so much fun being in Canada and getting to know you guys better. your kids are adorable!

Elizabeth said...

Why do you never have any pictures of the Draper family on there?....hahaha!!

Nice pictures though. I love that waterfall. Looks like a cool place to be!

Emily S said...

Those are beautiful pictures!!
Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm glad you guys got to spend all of that time with family, and enjoy the summer!

Nicole Breanne said...

What beautiful pictures! And it's the song... Us Against the World! I will forever think of you and Jeffrey when I hear it now, because he was singing it lastnight at Palmer's! You have such beautiful kids, even though that post was just Jacey! ha ha. I'm glad so many people were able to make it to the family reunion, must have been lot's of fun! As for the wedding, Jeffrey is amazing and I agree with Heathen - his landscapes are unreal! So great! What a catch you have Emily! ... and I'm so happy for your brother and Alana! Alana and her Mom sang in church on Sunday, and I smiled knowing that it would be one of her last sunday's in YSA! Crazy crazy!! And yes yes yes that picture of the bridesmaid is beautiful, and what a beautiful wedding! Anyway, post again soon... although I shouldn't be talking. I'm the worst of all bloggers!! I just wish I had a more exciting life!! ha ha! Take care!