Saturday, November 22, 2008

On The Go...

First things first, Jacey did NOT make it to the top ten for the Vibe's Cutest Kid Contest! It was a sad few minutes after we realized that we would not win all those wonderful prizes...but we were soon over it because chances of winning were so slim and I, personally, have never won anything in my life, so why would that change now!! We are now voting for #89, the cute little curly blonde haired little girl, she is adorable. I don't know her, but she's cute so she I think she should win!
Jaclyn has learned to crawl!! She gets everywhere!! Slowly but surely! It's so much fun to watch. Picture an inchworm, and that's how she moves. She's getting more steady on her knees and will soon lose the inchworm effect, but it's so cute for now! Jacey never crawled on his knees, he went from army crawling to walking, so it's extra fun to have a real crawler!
Jacey learned a new trick a couple of days ago too! He can officially get out of his crib. He figured it out a while ago, but fell and hurt himself, so he stopped trying. But now he's in and out, easy as can be! It makes bedtime a longer process than normal. And what's worse, is that when he wakes up in the morning, he can just get out and come wake us up. Usually I hear him talking or playing, but I leave him in his crib until 8am. Now it doesn't matter what time it is, if he's awake, he's up! It's kind of sad. Actually really sad! Because he's often awake by 7 or 7:30, but that didn't matter before, because he was fine in his crib. Now I have to get up then too! :( We actually bought him a bed awhile ago, but he doesn't sleep in it yet. Cause he won't stay in it. But now that he's mastered the crib, we'll have to move him over and get Jaclyn in the crib. Hey, here's a question...how do you get two kids to sleep in the same room? I'm so worried that they'll wake each other up. Actually, I know they will. So what do I do? Cause I'm tired of Jaclyn sleeping in my room in the playpen. It's too squishy!

I'm not sure who got ahold of the green pen first, but as you can see they both ended up with ink all over themselves and the carpet and surrounding toys. Thankfully it all came out!
Jacey has also developed an allergy or something. He's got this rash/hives all over his body. They come and go all day. And they're super itchy! We took him to the doctor and all he said is that it was an irritation to a change in detergent or a new food or something. But I haven't changed detergents or introduced new food to him, so I have no clue where it's coming from. Actually, it might be from dust. Our doctor said a while ago that he might have a mild allergy to it, and I did find him in the dust pan and brush the other morning. But since then, he's bathed and I washed his bedding...so I can't figure out what it is!! I just feel bad for him because he's so itchy! We have some cream for it and if it gets really bad I can give him Benadryl, but that's about all I can do. Poor guy. At least it's not affecting his breathing or anything. I just wish I knew what I could do to prevent him from getting it!

Okay, from the time I started writing this post and the actual posting time, I videoed Jaclyn crawling, so you can see the inchworm thing for yourself! It's not a very exciting video, but I figured some of you might appreciate seeing this little milestone! Since you're not here to see it in person! Oh and Jeffrey just got home and so we decided to add a few more things to the video. We went to the zoo this week, even though it was below zero, and we had a great time!! Enjoy the clips and sorry for the extra footage of the tiger!

14 comments:

Kandice Stewart said...

Those pictures with the pen are so cute!! And I looove the video!! Jaclyn has such a cute little crawl! Thanks for posting -- I love when you post videos because I sure miss you guys so it's nice to hear voices. See you in a month!

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

Cute kids! They are getting so big. As far as having 2 kids in the same room...they will get use to it. That is what we do with Haley and Brynlee. But it is tricky at first.

Proud Momma said...

Very cute! Jaclyn is an absolute doll!

Alysha Sladek said...

they are both so cute. i looove the clip of her crawling. i can't believe she's doing it already!!! crazy! the zoo looks like it was fun. i haven't been there in ages.

Jeni said...

nice on the crawling lil J!!
Also Jaceys pjs are soooo cute! bummer he didn't win in the cutest baby - he totally is and should have won!

Glenda and Neil said...

Em, It might be challenging at first, just like leaving Jacey to cry a little and go back to sleep, but they will get used to whatever you put in their path. They will learn to sleep through each others interruptions. Good luck. I know this is hard for you. Love you!!! the children are so precious and thanks for the pictures.

Glenda and Neil said...

An additional note: I think Jacey looks so adorable in a hair band. Actually it's his face that makes him so cute but the hair band is a nice touch. He must have thought so too. I love you Jacey!!!

Katie H. said...

I agree with mom. Just stick them together and they'll learn. I'd probably lay with Jacey for the first bit to make sure he doesn't get out or bug Jaclyn. And just tell him what a big job he has to be super quiet and help Jaclyn go to sleep. It'll be a pain at first, but worth it in the end. Jacey's a bright kid--He'll do what ever is expected of him. Best of luck! (So glad I'm past all that! Hurray!!!!)

Katie H. said...

P.S. Don't make a habit of laying with Jacey all the time... only for the first bit and only for a few nights at most. Otherwise you'll create another entirely new problem.

Adam & Brittany Stevenson said...

Oh my heck I cant believe that Jaclyn is crawling already! And whats even worse is that we have never even met her yet. We are overdue for a trip to Canada thats for sure. Your kids are so freakin cute I cant believe it. I voted everyday for Jacey, I cant believe he didnt win. He was the cutest kid on there!

Suzanne Lee said...

Your kids are soo cute! Oh my gosh, Jaclyn has the cutuest little baby smile. That was a fun post :)

Heather Palmer said...

Ok those pictures totally made me laugh!! Jacey with the headband and Jaclyn with the pen...so typical of little kids! lol. I can't believe Jaclyn is crawling already! It's so crazy!!!
I'm sorry about Jacey not winning! Rest assured it has nothing to do with his 'cuteness!' Contests like that really are kind of stupid because it's all about how many votes you can ARRANGE...
Anyhoo...can't wait to see you guys!!

Heather Palmer said...

PS! I can't wait to do zoo-like things with you guys! Tell Jeffrey he could have a career in making "Tiger sounds'. lol

Melinda Palmer said...

First, you and Jeffrey do REALLY good tiger noises...I'm so proud of you! Second...Jacey in a headband...so funny. Third, I LOVE Jaclyn in the pen picture. Her face is just so adorable. Fourth, the crawling is so stinkin cute. And, lastly, I know I don't have 2 kids, and that my kid doesn't sleep through the night, but I think that they'll just just get used to it too!!