Monday, April 27, 2009

SPRING - oh where oh where can you be?

I have been putting off blogging because I feel like I have no new pictures to put up!  I have all the ones of Jaclyn from Heather, but they have already been seen on facebook and/or Heather's blog.  And I don't want to over do it!  Having said that....I do actually have a few that you haven't seen yet!  She is so funny, I love that Heather caught this face!

  And then there's this one, I just want to kiss her!!!

 And then there is this precious one that is my profile pic on facebook, but I can't get enough of it!

Anyway, I've been really excited for/impatient about the weather getting nice because of the new bike/bike gear we're getting!  All of the Palmers are getting bikes so that we can get out and have fun and exercise all at the same time!!  It's been quite the process trying to decide which bike to get and which trailer to get to lug our kids around in.  It seems that each time one of us goes out and looks at a bike, it's better than the last one we were all excited about.  And it keeps on going!  But finally, I chose one today. I'm pretty pumped!!!!  It rides really nicely!!  Not that I'm a bike expert by any means, but I think I made a pretty good choice!  I'm a little nervous about it.  I haven't ridden a bike since I was a LOT younger...to give you an idea, the last bike I rode had pedal brakes.  You know, when you turn your pedals to the reverse and that was how you braked. I've never actually ridden a bike that had handle brakes.  So it was pretty long ago!!!  I'm also nervous, because the proper fit of a bike doesn't allow me to touch the ground very well while sitting on the seat.  So I have to master the coordination of braking and sliding forward off my seat to properly dismount my bike, all the while trying to maintain a vertical position.  So many new things!!!  But I'm really excited to have a new, fun way to work out!!  And to spend time with my family.  Immediate and extended!!  Oh yeah, this is the bike that I finally went with.  The Specialized Ariel Sport. It's pretty.  :)
Tomorrow night Jaclyn starts swimming lessons with Claire!  I'm so excited!!   I tried her bathing suit on her today and I couldn't get over how cute she looked in it!!  I LOVE having a girl!!  I'm not sure if these lessons will be easier or harder than they were with Jacey.  She can't fight me as much as Jacey can, but she also can't understand me as much as he can.  We'll see!  

Other than that I can't think of anything else that would be of any interest to anybody.  I just bought a new spring coat.  I'm pretty excited about that. :)  Got some new summer clothes.  Haven't had any of those for a few years.  Last summer I had just had Jaclyn and wasn't interested in shopping.  The year before that I was pregnant with Jaclyn and the year before that I was pregnant with Jacey.  So it's been a long time coming and I just can't wait for it to warm up so I can actually wear what I bought.  And ride my bike.  I'm just grateful that I stay home with my kids and so if it snows out, I don't have to leave if I don't want to!  :)  Well I could also attribute that to the fact that I can't leave anyway as I don't have a vehicle.  Anyway, now I'm just blabbering.  :) Sorry to have bored you all!!!  

11 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I wasn't bored at all. I enjoy reading people's ramblings. :) Brandon and I have been looking at getting bikes and I hope it happens this summer!!

Proud Momma said...

Cute pics of your baby girl! I can't wait to ride a bike again too!

Jeni said...

specialized are good!! That will be so fun for you guys all to ride together! Jaclyn is so sweet in those pictures!

FamiLee said...

Your bike looks great! I am excited to when you guys get out and going, sounds like such a fun idea, I want to do it. Those pics of Jaclyn are sooo adorable!

Ryan + Jess said...

That is SUCH a great idea for all the fam to get bikes. What a fun activity! Are you getting a bike trailer or bike seats for the kids??

I can't wait for spring to get here, too!

Gramma Dori said...

She is absolutely adorable. Girls are so fun because you can do their hair, dress them up and doll them out to the max. I love your new bike and the idea of getting some FUN exercise. That's the only way I keep with it is if it's fun! I too am waiting for spring . . . I'm beginning to think she's forgotten where Idaho is!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE Jaclyn!! She is always a happy baby.

I love your bike. I wish I could get one too. So enjoyable just to go for a ride down the river. You should ride it all the way to the zoo!! hahaha...there is a true work out! Have fun with it!

KandyJill said...

I love those pictures of Jaclyn. She's sucha happy little girl. It'll be so fun to have swimming lessons with both girls -- you'll have to bring your camera to lots of those! Sure love and miss you guys!

I want a bike when I come home this summer ;) Because that sounds fun! Family picnics, here we come!

Alysha Sladek said...

she's adorable! congrats on the bike! i loooove bike riding so much easier than running AND you can take the kids (if you want) hopefully spring actually makes it's way here so you can enjoy it :)

Allison said...

I love bike riding! I'm going to miss it this year as we pack up our bikes for rotations and all our moves around the contintent. It will be nice to get it back out again.
I loved having the trailer too. Lizzy had such a blast in it when she was smaller, and now loves riding her own bike. Have tonnes of fun!

Suzanne Lee said...

Those pictures of Jaclyn are soo cute! Girls are soo much fun and I am just getting started over here with all the cute things :)