Friday, May 15, 2009

Dorothy the Dinosaur


We are huge Wiggle fans at our house (not at first though, believe me, we couldn't STAND them).  And along with the Wiggles come Dorothy and all her fun friends.  So when we saw that Dorothy was coming to Calgary, we jumped on the chance to go.  Since I was such a keener, we got second row seats along with Heather, Gannon and their kids!  The concert was this past tuesday night and let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!  But from looking around, I think Jeffrey and I were the only adults dancing along.  haha!  I was soo happy that we decided to go.  When Dorothy walked out on stage, Jacey looked like he had died and gone to heaven!  I think he was actually in shock!  It looked like he was in love!  The cutest was after a few minutes of watching her, he looked at Jeffrey and I, smiled and put his arms around both our necks and gave us a squeeze!  It was his little way of saying thank you!!  I think I would do anything for him just for that little act of gratitude!!  He melts me!  We didn't get a lot of pictures, but here are a few of the show and of the kids enjoying it.  Jacey and Nixon were so cute, every time a song started, they would get off their chairs, turn around and use them to bounce up and down on.  Nixon didn't always join in the dancing, and when he didn't, Jacey would twirl all by himself.  What can I say, he LOVES Dorothy!  :)  

These next two pictures aren't the greatest, but I love them anyway.  We built a fort yesterday and the kids had a blast being in it.  Here Jacey is making Jaclyn laugh.  And when she would laugh, he would laugh.  And then I would laugh.  Life pretty much can't get any better when my kids are laughing!  As you can see, both my babies need a hair cut!  Jaclyn definitely has a mullet and Jacey's is just too shaggy.  Maybe that will be my next post! :) 

This weekend ALL the Palmers and the Pratts are going out to the condo in Invermere and because of Jaclyn being sick this week and Jacey's major sleep issues (I'm pretty sure he has a sleeping disorder), we opted to stay home.  We will miss everyone and all the fun they are bound to have!!   Don't have too much fun without us guys!  To ease the blow, Jeffrey is going to take me out either tonight or tomorrow night.  I do love a good night out! :)  And they don't happen often enough!  Anyway, hope everyone has a fabulous long weekend!  And I hope the weather gets better too!

7 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Too bad about the condo...sometimes our sleeping problems take over though! Good for J for taking you out!

We are wiggle fans through Taylor, she is a total addict!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad he loved the show so much. I love the picture of Jacey clasping his hands together...hahaa...it's so cute!! He reminds me of Gus on Cinderella...when he has the concerned look on his face. Do you know what I mean? Anyways....he is so cute! Sorry that you can't go away this weekend. Levi and I are also stuck here. His parents go to Shuswap and we have to stay cause Levi starts Fire training. Say goodbye for me and Levi having a life. :( Anyways, I don't think you should cut Jaclyn's hair...it's so cute when you put it in a ponytail!

Ryan + Jess said...

Give us a call and we can hang out this weekend!

That looks like tons of fun - Dorothy the Dinosaur is pretty cute.

Alysha Sladek said...

that looks like fun. i love those little moments where you know they're soooo happy and thankful. have fun on your night out!

KandyJill said...

Correction: not ALL the palmers... you are forgetting a certain, and might I say, very IMPORTANT part of the family ;) Yes... that is me! Sorry you guys aren't able to go out there though :( Woulda been fun. However, I will be home next weekend and perhappssss we should do sunday night out at the condo!?! ... just an idea! Or at least go to banff! :D Anyway, I'm excited you posted new pictures. How are the swimming lessons with Jaclyn and Claire going? You'll have to do a post again shortly and post some pictures from the lessons... and post pictures from Jacey's too!

Miss you guys. See you in FIVE DAYS! :D

Love you.

Becky CTR said...

Fun pictures! Your kids are adorable! What else can I say.

Laura Leavitt said...

I have heard the Wiggles put on a very good concert. That is awesome you got such good seats. They looks so excited about their little fort. They are both so incredibly cute.