Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Lovely Laurels

So not only are these girls GORGEOUS on the outside as is so apparant from these amazing pictures (courtesy of Heather Ward Photography) but they are just as beautiful, if not more so, on the inside!!  I have had the amazing privilege of being their young women's leader for the past two years or  so. (I actually can't remember when I was called).  I have absolutely loved my calling, which included teaching them every sunday and participating in weekly activities.  I have learned so much from the things I have studied and from these girls and their amazing testimonies and examples!  I was devastated to the point of tears when I was told a few weeks ago by the bishop that I was being called to another area in the ward and would be released from being their advisor.  I knew this day would come eventually, but I was hoping it would be maybe 6 years from now??...if that!!  I will always cherish the relationships I have made with these girls (and all the YW and leaders) and I know that our friendships will continue to grow from here on!  Thank you girls for loving me and accepting me the way you have!!  You're amazing and I love you!!! 

PS. Sadly, a few of the Laurels couldn't make it to the shoot.  We missed you!!!

PPS.  My new calling is the second counselor in the Primary presidency, which I am VERY excited about!  It's very different and very applicable to my life right now as I have little ones at home!  I'm look forward to the different ways I'll learn and grow from this calling!  

9 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Primary is lots of fun...different than YW, but you will still love it! Congrats on the new calling. Those pictures are gorgeous! You look so pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry you have to leave your favorite girls!! But at least you'll always have their friendship now. Have fun in primary!!

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats on the new calling! you'll be great in primary. i know the girls will miss you, but you'll love primary too! great pictures. how fun!

Becky CTR said...

Primary is the best! You will learn to love it like YW! By the way, you look GREAT in that first photo! Seriously! And I am so jealous of you hair!!!

Laura Leavitt said...

I served as the laurel advisor for a long time too and it was the best. The first 6 years of being married I taught young womens and it was the best..then we moved to a ward where they had no YW and I was so sad. I had to try a new calling in a different area. I loved it. So I am glad that I had to do something different. I learned a ton. You will be so good in Primary. With having little kids I think it would be fun to be in primary.
You would have been a fantastic YW leader. Lucky girls that they had you!
p.s. When I was called to teach laurels I was 21 and it scared me to death. I looked the same age as all the girls. It was the best though.

Proud Momma said...

I've always wanted to be in the YW...sadly our branch has NO young women right now so I have the same calling as you...2nd couns! The kids are awesome and obviously you'll grow to love them just as much!

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

I just got released too from YW and I have to say I was also sad. YW is the best. Cute pic. You will be great in Primary too!

Gramma Dori said...

I have been a councelor in both the Young Women's and the Primary and I loved them both. I have to say though that I loved being where my kids were at the time and you will love being with Jacey very soon in the Primary. I'm sure you were an amazing Young Women's leader and I know you'll be equally great in Primary because you are just simply an amazing woman. Love ya and look forward to seeing you all the end of the month. Take care and give those sweey babies a kiss from their gramma Dori.

KandyJill said...

Those girls have sure been lucky to have you in YW. The leaders that you have at that age always hold a special place in your heart... so they're extra lucky to have you!