Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Christmas Time!!!

They totally had to trade hats this year. Jaclyn is CRAZY! :)

I am sooo beyond excited for Christmas. We've been decorated since Remembrance Day, the earliest I've ever done it! We love turning all the lights off except for the Christmas lights and dancing around to christmas songs. Well actually, mostly Jingle Bells because to Jacey, "that's Christmas!" My kids love running around and laying on and playing in this Christmas blanket we inherited from Cyndi. This is totally something Lizzie and I would have done when we were little. We always marched around the border of the area rug in our living room to many different types of music growing up...and this Christmas blanket would have been such a treat! :) We watch Christmas movies daily and drink hot chocolate! Polar Express and The Grinch (real live version) are our favorites right now. I haven't gotten sick of them yet! The only problem I've encountered so far are the broken decorations. I have quite a collection building up in my room that I have to glue back together. In all reality, I'll probably wait until the Christmas season is over and do it all at once so I don't have to do it multiple times! Jeffrey and I are done our Christmas shopping (with the exception of some online orders) and it feels GOOD! I can't wait to wrap all the gifts, it's one of my favorite things to do!! I have to wait until we get closer though, or we'll be having Christmas early at our house! There's not a chance my kids would leave them alone! I love that they're too young to notice the mounds of things hiding under blankets in my closet though. They have bumped them and walked by them a hundred times and not even questioned it. It's kind of funny! I remember my mom would just load her bathtub up with gifts (they had a separate shower..don't worry, they didn't just forget about showering during Christmas) and then put a big blanket on it and just trust us not to look under it. I will admit that some years I peeked and others I didn't. And the years I didn't look, Christmas morning was ALWAYS better. Anyway, I just love Christmas. I love all the memories of past years and making new memories with my kids! It's so fun!! Here are some pics of my kids enjoying Christmas. I decided with Jeffrey busy getting his insurance company/website up and running, I wouldn't wait for him to take pictures for me. So I forced this photoshoot on my kids today so I could make sure to preserve some memories. I also photoshopped them myself...or attempted to. I have to say this so that no one thinks Jeffrey's amazing skills are going down hill! :) Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful Christmas season!



7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

cute!! you're lucky they don't look! my kids can find pretty much anything so i have to have a REALLY good hiding spot. i love that you've had your stuff up for so long.

Elizabeth said...

I love Jacey's hair buzzed! He looks so grown up! I wish I had my decroations up now but they are at Levi's grandparents place. Need to go get them. I miss being a kid and playing all the Christmas games we made up and dancing to all our favorite songs! Glad that your kids are living that up for ya! I can't wait for Laila to know what Christmas is!

Laura Leavitt said...

sounds so fun. I can tell you guys are having a blast. Your kids are adorable. Having kids for the holidays is the best!

Emily S said...

It's a miracle, an update! haha
Your children are beautiful, just like you guys!
Christmas is the BEST time of the year, nothing beats it. Sounds like you guys have really surrounded yourselves in the warm fuzzy feelings of Christmas :)
I still remember my family traditions, that must be so special to pass those down to your children. It just makes me smile reading your blog :)

KandyJill said...

Yayy for another post! :) I seriously am so excited to come home for Christmas! It's my favorite time as well and I just LOVE the spirit it brings! Have you guys had the kids watch Elf? That's the Christmas movie that's been on repeat in our apartment here! Brady had never seen it so I made him watch it with me a few weeks ago... and now it seems to be the only movie we ever watch! Our roommates even cut down and put up a Christmas tree in our apartment this weekend and last night we made a string of popcorn while watching that movie! :) Anyway, I'm SO excited to come home and see you guys! And those pictures of the kids are so cute! Nice work on the photoshop by the way ;)

KandyJill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Your kids are so cute! I like the Christmas blanket. I feel a little jealous that you are all decorated (and for so long) because all of our Christmas stuff is packed up in boxes at Adam's parents place. (We left some boxes there since we are on rotations for school). So we have no Christmas decorations up and that's kind of sad. Also there's no snow here. It's still cold though. I miss the snow. Anyway, Merry Christmas!!