Saturday, December 19, 2009

So I know that everyone already heard on Facebook that we are having baby #3, but I figured I'd just put it on here for the journal aspect of the blog. We're due July 22 and we are so excited! Although, we'd love a girl or boy, we're kind of hoping for a boy so that Jacey can have a brother close enough in age to actually do things with growing up. Any more spread apart and there will be a big gap that might make them not be as close. My dear sister, Lizzie and I were just under 2 years apart and she definitely has always been one of my best friends. :) And I want that for all of my kids! And I know they can have that with a sibling of the opposite sex, but there's something about playing with barbies that just wouldn't be the same with my brothers. :) haha. In all honesty, I'm actually terrified about having this baby....but only for the actual labour and delivery. I'm sure many of you remember my surprise circumstances with Jaclyn's labour and it still makes me feel panicky when i think of it! I have issues I hope I can deal with before July comes! This past month has been tough, the lovely sick part of pregnancy that you are all aware of! Diclectin is my best friend! It's amazing the difference it makes the next morning, if I take it when I go to bed! I've been more tired than I remember being in past pregnancies and I feel like I can't get enough sleep! Having Jacey in my bed is a problem (obviously that we need to fix before the baby comes) right now though, because he sleeps RIGHT at my side and my back is already killing me and I find myself waking up SEVERAL times throughout the night to readjust. It's awful! And I haven't even gotten big yet! Anyway, all the lovely things we go through to bring our beautiful children to the world! It's obviously worth it, or we wouldn't do it, right?? :)

Since I've been so tired and sick, I decided that any energy I do have, needs to be directed at my kids, since they're obviously suffering from my lack of attention. So to help me focus on that important job, I decided to deactivate my facebook account. Rather than going to the computer when I feel okay, I need to play with my kids! It was really easy the first couple of days, but I find myself wondering what everyone is up to! It's crazy how much I relied on facebook to feel connected to anybody and everybody!! And also it's funny and also kind of pathetic how much I went on there. The first day I deactivated it, I was doing laundry and cleaning...and I was feeling so proud of myself for being productive...so I started walking towards the computer so I could put on my status "I'm having such a productive day!" Then I remembered I didn't have facebook anymore, and I started laughing at how stupid that was!!! Oh man, it's so funny! I didn't realize how much I truly centered my day around facebook. Now, probably most of you aren't THAT addicted to facebook, but I will admit that I was. It truly was an escape for me from my daily grind to get on and feel connected to people! Anyway, because of this realization, I'm glad I decided to take a break from it for a while, because I need to get out of the habit of it! Just as much as I need to spend more time with my kids. But I do miss you all! And knowing what you're doing..and seeing pictures etc. I feel a little lost, but it's okay..there was life before facebook and there can still be life now :D

So this year, we decorated for Christmas early, I think i mentioned that in my last post...and i will NEVER do it again!! It's WAYYYYYYY too long!! A few times I've come really close to putting them away early! Jaclyn cannot keep her hands off the tree....I feel like I redecorate it 3 times a day! And my pile of broken decorations is growing!! Maybe it's just so bad because my kids are so little, but I'm pretty sure Christmas can't go from the beginning of November till the end of December. Or else the magic dies early! But..lesson learned! I'm still excited for Christmas, but I sure can't wait to put my decorations away!!! And I will never decorate before Dec 1 again. EVER.

I've always been jealous of people's husbands that get time off around Christmas. Like my brother Jonathan..he gets 3 weeks. And my brother in law, Keith, he gets 2 weeks. Not like my husband, Jeffrey...who gets 2. Two days that is. Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We're lucky because this year, boxing day is on Saturday, so monday is off for boxing day. Which I'm actually surprised his office is doing! They're not very big on closing their office for ANYTHING. Which is good for business...just sad for the employees and their families! BUTTTT... I just found out that Jeffrey has 4 days saved up that he can take for holidays (which never happens because he usually has used them all up through the year already) so he gets all the days off in between Christmas and New Years AND an extra day a couple of days before Christmas!!! So including stat holidays and weekends, he'll get 10 days off in a row!! Plus that one extra day! I'm ECSTATIC!!!!! We're going to be able to actually DO things with our families instead of just hear about it! Like maybe go to Banff and go skating...or go to the Mountain Home (every year my whole family goes for the week between Christmas and New Years, and I've NEVER been). Kandice will be up with her boyfriend, Brady and I'm excited that we'll actually be free to hang out and get to know him better!! Anyway, most of you probably all get that time off with your families, but I am excited to experience it for the first time!!!! :)

Okay, so just to end. Here are some family pics that Heather took for us. We've never really done a family photo shoot before. Jeffrey and I don't like getting our pictures taken! But, obviously, we need to do it once in a while! The lighting was really bad when we did it though, it was getting late...and it was FREEZING and our kids didn't really want to cooperate. So we just got a few good ones. We're going to have to try to do it again soon though! I do like what turned out however, it's so nice to have us ALL in the pictures and like them!! :D

11 comments:

Emily S said...

Once again, Congrats! You will be great, there's no need for you to be afraid! :)
Thank you for always leaving such lovely comments on my blog :) I'm glad that you enjoy it.
We will be arriving in Calgary at 2pm, from Vancouver, as our flight from Beijing stops there. So we'll be on Air Canada.
You are very welcome to come see us, but if you're too busy we certainly won't mind if you can't make it. We'll be excited to see you guys soon after or whenever :)
We love you guys! See ya soonn
Em

Laura Leavitt said...

I hear you about the decorations.I put my Halloween ones up early this year and I was so sick of them before Halloween night was even here. In the USA no one decorates for Christmas until after their American Thanksgiving, so my Christmas stuff did not go up until Dec. 1 and it has been great. My pile of broken ornaments is growing as well.
I don't blame you for being nervous. You had quite the experience giving birth to Jaclyn. I don't think the chances of something like that happening twice are very good. No CASTOR OIL this time....lol.
I LOVE the pictures of your family. You are all so photogenic.You look so beautiful in the bottom pic.
Have a great holiday with your hubby around. You will have a blast.
I have had to take diclectin as well. It makes me sooooo tired...but helps keep the nausea some what under control.
If you ever get a free sec I would LOVE to hear about Christmas on your mission and how they celebrate there.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Laura Leavitt said...

p.s The picture of you second to the bottom....you look lie a model! Holy cow. Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

AWwww Emily....I'm glad that we are clsoe in age as well. I do have alot of good memories of us growing up. Glad your having a baby! As your hoping for a boy I am hoping for a girl. I hope we get what we both want. Glad are kids both have close cousins to play with on each side of the family! I don't know why you and jeff don't like taking pictures. You both are very goood looking people and your pictures are awesome. Laura is right...you do like a model!

Julie said...

Hey! Congratulations on being pregnant, I don't think I knew :) Funny cuz I see you in passing almost every Sunday (your kids are adorable!) and I agree with Lizzie - you guys are both so photogenic! Enjoy your long Christmas break :)

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Hi beautiful! Merry Christmas in advance! And Congratulations! So, you have to already know I'm preggers too, since we have all of our kids within a month of each other :) I'm do the end of June. Loved your post. WE HAVE GOT TO GET TOGETHER!!! Love you!

Ryan + Jess said...

I CAN READ YOUR BLOG! I'm so excited.

Pregnancy sickness is NOT fun. I hope you start feeling better soon! Those pictures turned out so cute. I can't wait to hear all about your Christmas! I hope it was wonderful.

Katie H. said...

Good post, Em. For someone not on Facebook, I appreciate the posts on your blog.
Great pictures too!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I didn't find out from Facebook that you were pregnant, but Jessica did tell us before I saw it on your blog. Congrats! And let's hope this early part passes fast, it's no fun. I love the family pictures. And congrats on quitting facebook. I've never been into facebook that much, but I do check it every now and then just to see what people are doing. I'm much more into blogging than facebook. :)

Allison said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy; I hope everything goes well for you and the baby.
I love your family pictures - so cute!

Sara said...

Great pics Em!!! I should do the facebook deactivation thing too. I'm sure I could get a lot more done in the day. Love ya guys!