Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What's Your Mirror Face? :)


Okay, you know when you look at yourself in the mirror and you kind of "pose" for yourself. Well, I was looking through my pictures and was trying to figure out why this picture looked different to me, but SO familiar. And then I realized it's because this is my mirror face. I raise my eyebrows and just give a small smile. Totally not what I ever do in any situation in life. But apparantly, this is how I feel I look prettiest. Thus why I made the face for a "self-portrait". Hahaha!!!


Well, I don't really have anything that I want to post, but I figured I might as well post because this is a family journal. It's kind of ironic that I just posted about us being pregnant, cause now I have to post about us losing the baby. It happened Jan 14. I was 13 weeks along (or 3 months). I wasn't completely surprised about it happening, I had felt for a few weeks that something was different/wrong, but I was trying my best to ignore those feelings and was looking forward to the exciting part of pregnancy, where the sickness goes away and the baby starts moving around and letting you know they're in there! But....it was inevitable I guess. I was okay with it all at first, but after the hospital and being home again, it all hit me and I had a few sad days, but I'm doing okay now. I know that it was all meant to happen and hopefully I'll be able to have another one soon! And I wouldn't post this normally, but since I announced the pregnancy already, I know this is the only way to get the word out to some of you that I won't be having the baby.

On a happier note, I've been able to do a ton of dejunking in my house. I completely gutted the storage room under the stairs and have WAYYYY more space to put things in this tiny little basement! I started my room the other day, trying to get rid of the clothes that are NEVER going to get worn again...even if i do one day lose weight! I stopped though in the middle of my sorting and cleaning, because our car wouldn't start, and we were supposed to be picking up a new dresser to put everything in and since we couldn't get one, my enthusiasm died and so did my working. So now my room is a complete disaster and I can't get up the energy or desire to start up again. :( Jeffrey has the day off tomorrow so hopefully we'll get a dresser then and I'll be able to finish the job. I hate starting big projects like that, and I always feel like I get in over my head while I'm in the middle of them..but as soon as I'm done, I LOVE it and I can't stop looking at what I've done and just relishing in all the work I've accomplished!! It's a bittersweet cycle. :)

As for my kids, I don't think I've really done any updates on them for a while. This is just going to be very brief and point form.

Jacey
-still sleeping in my bed
-says everything is stupid
-is really good at sharing with jaclyn and being her best friend, but the very next second is being completely mean to her and making her cry
-decided that he won't try anything new to eat and barely eats the stuff he does like
-has become almost as computer literate as i am, getting on the internet and finding his favorite shows websites and games through google search
-has discovered rhyming and walks around chanting rhyming words
-climbs the counters and gets in the fridge to find his own snacks (i actually really like this one because he doesn't bother me to do it anymore...and so far there have been no disasters or messes)
-has learned how to spell a few names and words and knows what most sounds each letters makes
-learned how to play twinkle twinkle little star on the piano
-is still in love with my hair and can't sleep without it in his hands
-still loves to snuggle and cuddle and i don't think i can ever get enough of it!

Jaclyn
-repeats any word or sound we make (not always properly, but she tries)
-loves to dance and has a different dance for her 2 favorite songs (both from Glee!!)
-is in love with her daddy and more often chooses him over me (hooray!!!! jacey's the complete opposite and i would die if she was too)
-continues to be an angel and sleep through the night by herself...she needs to give jacey lessons!
-eats anything and everything she can get her hands on
-still weighs around 20 pounds..maybe 22 lbs.
-gives the best kisses and also gives bisous (the french double cheek kiss)
-wants to do anything that jacey does and gets mad at us if we try to stop her
-is completely sassy and independent
-bites her hands and throws herself to the ground when frustrated
-bites jacey if she's mad at him (the poor boy has so many bruises)
-has the most adorable smile that's hard to turn down
-loves to snuggle jacey..probably one of her favorite things to do..in fact, every morning when jacey and i wake up (jeffrey and jaclyn get up first), jaclyn runs over to jacey, calling his name and the two of them lay down together on the floor and just snuggle for about 5 minutes. it is absolutely adorable and this morning i finally got it on video and will for sure post a little bit of it when jeffrey helps me get it on here.
-loves to point out pictures of Jesus and read the book of mormon stories with me
-loves to play the piano and will pull mine or jeffrey's hands off if we're playing so that she can play.

Well, I can't think of anything else new or exciting. I'm loving that they (or I guess Jaclyn) are old enough to just play together and I am able to get things done even if it's not naptime. Like taking a shower...or blogging..or dishes or laundry or cleaning. All of the things that if I attempted doing while Jaclyn was awake, they would both throw fits because I wasn't playing with them. Now they play together and just ignore me. :) Not always, they still like me to play with them, but I am more productive now. While Jaclyn naps, Jacey and I have our "quiet time" and we'll often do learning games or paint or play with playdough. All the things that can't happen with Jaclyn around (cause she'll just make a HUGE mess). It's a fun time for us to bond and I wish I could have that alone time with Jaclyn too! It would definitely help her with her learning. I try to sit down and help Jaclyn learn letters or numbers, but Jacey just kind of takes over. Mr. Know It All :) haha jk. Oh well. :) Actually Jacey's really good at teaching Jaclyn things, it's really cute to watch! Anyway, that's all that I really have to post about right now. Maybe I'll look for some pictures to post. :) My camera's dead right now and I'm too lazy to charge it so I can load the pictures. Aaaaanyway, I better go get lunch ready for the kids. Ciao!!

14 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm so sorry Em. But I'm glad you're doing ok. And if you ever wanna talk, I'm here!
Your kids are darling and growing way too fast.

Becky CTR said...

Good update you VAIN person you!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha....oh How I have seen that Mirror face MANY MANY times!!! Good for you for posting it. I could NEVER post mine. Too embarrassed!

Glenda and Neil said...

Emily, you are adorable!! I love ready about your little family. I love you all!!!

Suzanne Lee said...

It was great to read that update about your kids! I can't believe I've never seen Jaclyn, and it still seems like yesterday when I think about it that I first saw Jacey as a brand new little baby. It was so cool to read about where he is in life now and how much he's grown. I'm also very sad to hear about your loss. It seems like you are handling it, but I don't imagine that is something any mother wants to experience. I hope you feel well and that things work out for a healthy baby next time. Take care :)

Ryan + Jess said...

I'm so glad you posted, Em! I think that picture of you is gorgeous. And good for you for tackling some big projects. I do the same thing...jump in over my head, wonder what I'm doing, but the end product is always worth it. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we are so sorry about the baby, heartbreaking news! Hope you guys are doing well, we are thinking about you! Your kids are adorable!

Barb said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I know how it feels, just as we announced we were having another one we lost it too. I'm glad your Okay but be careful and aware of yourself. I thought I was Okay but realized latter that I was depressed because I felt like I was trying to walk through mud most days. So take care of yourself, enjoy those little ones you have now and always remember to ask for help when you need it. My heart and prayers are with you! ;)

Jeni said...

Emily, I am so sorry to hear about your baby. My thoughts are with you guys.
I hope your beautiful kiddos keep up their adorable-ness!

Katie H. said...

I'm amused. Before I could read past the first paragraph I had to hurry to a mirror to check out my "mirror face". It never occurred to me before that I had one. Its kind of like yours but maybe a little more serious (pleasant but serious). And now, after reading Elizabeth's comment, I'm really curious about what her mirror face is. I hope to see it soon.
I also look forward to seeing the video of your snuggling kids (for 5 min!...that's like FOREVER). I vaguely remember the days when my kids seemed to love each other like that. Now they just hide those loving feelings. (At least I assume/hope they still have them but are just hiding them.)
Okay, this comment is getting long. Maybe I just need to get a blog of my own (or Facebook). JK!

Sara said...

Em, you're mirror pose is really pretty... I love reading about all the things Jacey and Jaclyn are doing. Love ya!

KandyJill said...

I love those stinkin' kids! They are so fun to play with! And I can't wait for you to post that video of the kids laying on the bathroom floor together. It truly is one of the cutest things I've ever watched! :)

Stephanie Salmon said...

Sorry to hear you lost the baby. You seem so positive about it though. :) Hopefully it happens again for you soon. Loved reading the update!

Allison said...

I love your mirror face, so cute, so you! You are looking great.
I'm sorry to hear about your baby, and I hope that you are doing all right.